TIM’s initiatives for the first time in the Responsible Business Forum report
Three activities implemented by TIM SA have been qualified to this year’s 17th edition of the „Responsible Business in Poland. Good Practices” report. This is TIM’s debut in this largest review of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities in Poland. This year’s publication, in terms of both the number of reported practices and the number of companies increased by as much as 30 percent.
Activities implemented and realized by TIM SA were among the record-high number of 1549 practices reported by 229 companies (see the entire report).
- A series of educational, guiding and analytical articles „This entire market…” published on the TIM SA investors’ relations site since 2011. The texts published twice a month are addressed to investors, both those who are beginning and the advanced ones. As a company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange continuously for over 20 years, TIM feels obliged to share its knowledge and participate in the process of educating investors.
- Charity campaign “Active TIM for Friends” consisting (read about the campaign) in collecting by TIM SA employees kilometers (using the Endomondo application) in 9 types of physical activities. Kilometers are converted into PLN: 1 km = PLN 0.50. Funds collected this way have been donated to two foundations taking care of the sons of TIM’s two employees who require specialist treatment and rehabilitation. The 2nd edition of the campaign was launched on 1 April 2019.
- The first in the history dialogue with stakeholders conducted in accordance with the principles of the AA1000SES standard. There were 20 participants divided into two groups moderated by independent moderators. Participants included representatives of the customers, suppliers, schools and universities, local authorities and social partners. Members of the Management Board of TIM SA were the observers in both groups. The scope of the stakeholders panel included: priorities of business development, the company’s social role and transparency and scope of information provided by TIM.
The „Responsible Business in Poland. Good Practices” report is the most important periodic publication of the Responsible Business Forum published since 2002. The report is a review of activities of companies which have submitted their activities in the field of CSR and summarizes the most important issues related to responsible business in a given year in Poland. The premiere of this year’s publication took place on 28 March 2019 in Warsaw.
– We are observing a very dynamic development of corporate social responsibility. We are very pleased with the above trend. This result is a component of many factors. There are initiatives and legal regulations at international and national level encouraging companies to greater activity in the field of CSR. Sustainable Business Objectives are one of them and involving business will only accelerate the process of their achievement. CSR owes its development also to the requirements set by business partners to provide information also on the company’s non-financial activities confirming lower reputational and financial risk associated with a given entity – comments Marzena Strzelczak, General Director of the Responsible Business Forum.
– Honesty – the value most often emphasized in the process of choosing TIM’s corporate values – directly results in compliance with the fair play principles and the pursuit of full transparency of business operations. We are fair and transparent both in relation to our customers or suppliers, as also to our employees. Being open to the opinions of these and other groups, in July 2018 we realized the first in our history, and certainly not the last, consultation meeting with stakeholders conducted in the formula of a dialogue session. Its course confirmed that stakeholders are deeply interested in our approach to the principles of responsible business – says Krzysztof Folta, the President of the Management Board of TIM SA. – Therefore, although we are not required to do so by law, we have decided that the 2018 report will also include reporting on non-financial information. Management Board of TIM SA takes the position that expansion of the scope of the disclosed information is a natural consequence of striving for full transparency and growing interest of stakeholders in such issues. Therefore, the first in the history of TIM Capital Group integrated report containing the data for the year 2018 will see the light as early as on 10 April 2019 – announces Krzysztof Folta.